Custom Metadata Types enables Salesforce admins to configure applications on the Salesforce platform. With custom metadata types, you can customize, deploy, package, and upgrade application metadata that you design yourself.
Rather than building apps from data, you can build apps that are defined and driven by their own types of metadata. Metadata is the information that describes the configuration of each customer’s organization. Metadata relationship fields work like relationship fields for standard or custom objects. But, because they are custom metadata types, they have the same benefits of application configuration data.
Custom Metadata Type__mdt
It is For the Dapp itself.
Custom Metadata Types are intended for managing customizations and for building tools that can manage the metadata model, not the data itself.
Here is how we are using Custom Meta Data APIs to configure sale tools and vertical solutions in managed package extensions:
- Vertical specific Smart Contract Libraries
- We are leveraging Custom Meta Data Types to allow admins to select which Smart Contract (records) will be available in the Smart Contract Library
- Vertical specific page layouts, labels and object relationships
- We are leveraging Custom Meta Data Types to configure the correct page layouts depending on the vertical. For example we can configure our application for the Supply Chain on Hyperledger or for Loyalty Points on Ethereum.
- We are able to programatically manage customizations of our application
- Custom object definitions
- Sales tools specific applications and configurations
- By leveraging Custom Metadata Types, we can configure our data model to work with multiple sales solutions
- Audit trails on the history of transactions
- Securely Storing Sensitive Data in Protected Custom Metadata Type
- Encryption Keys are leveraging Protected Custom Metadata Types
Dapps.ai is the blockchain platform on the platform because of the use of the Protected Custom Metadata API; it enables use to be an end-to-end blockchain solutions provider.
This type of platform not only enables us to walk admins to configure the right type of blockchain application, it also allows you to export your own configurations. If you as an admin or a developer want to use Dapps.ai to build blockchain applications, you too can leverage Custom Metadata Types to export your decentralized application settings.
Dapps.ai is a ISV Platform on the Force.com Platform. We provide companies with the ability to build blockchain applications that are seamlessly integrated with their other third party applications, customer data and business process and workflows implemented on the platform. This has been at the core of what we wanted to bring to the Salesforce ecosystem; a way for companies to harness this technology and make meaningful change to the way that they do business by leveraging our software products.
We are excited to see what you build with the Blockchain Application Management Suite.
For more information see:
Platform on the Platform from the Salesforce Engineering Blog